- Regular Meetings
- Meetings are held on every other Wednesday, from 3:00 -
5:00 p.m. at the Yon-chu Gakushu Center Building in Musashino. During the first
hour, the Book & Video Lending Library is open, and tables for Book
Reports, Reading Aloud, Q&A's, and Books-on-Tape are staffed by parent
- Book & Video Lending Library
- Children select and check-out books from our library of over 1,000
books and 50 videos. The books range from early readers through chapter
books, suitable for elementary schoolers.
- Book Report Table
- Our members are given a journal which they bring back and forth to
meetings. At home, they write book reports on any book they please. On
meeting days, they share their report with a native- English speaker parent,
who staffs this table. Improvement in writing skills, and other comments are
noted in the journal.
- Reading Table
- Children choose a book to read aloud at this table. They are encouraged to
choose from a special section of books which are marked with standard
reading levels. A parent makes an entry in the notebook on the reading level
and title of books read.
- Q & A Table
- Pick a card, any card! Here, children choose an index card from a pile,
and answer the question written on the back. Oral skills are practiced.
- Story Time/Game
- After the hour, children gather in a circle and listen to a story read by
one of the native-English speaking parents. A group game played in English
- Snack& Free Play / Parent Meeting
- The last half hour is reserved for snack and free play for the children,
and a meeting for the parents.
- Special Events
- In addition to regular meetings, Koala Bunko produces these special
- Covenant Players Performance
Guest Storyteller Jerry Waldman
- Halloween Trick-or-Treating Party
- ICBA Christmas Party Performance
Book Report Workshop
- Guest Speaker M. Tomiyama
Farewell Party for Departing Moms
- Spring Barbecue
Back to Top